Tina Ignell is a journalist who trained as a handcraft consultant and spent many years as director of a handicraft center. She is also editor of Vävmagasinet, Scandinavian weaving magazine, which she and her husband, a photographer, run together.
Ignell knows that many of us not only want to be surrounded by gorgeous handwoven textiles…we want to weave them ourselves! That is why she chose 45 designs from her popular magazine and compiled them in her book FAVORITE SCANDINAVIAN PROJECTS TO WEAVE, which is now available from TSB in paperback. Behind each one-of-a-kind pattern is an expert designer and weaver to guide you, providing straightforward, step-by-step instruction as well as how-to and troubleshooting tips. Materials are easy to find and fun to use, and many can be woven on a loom with four shafts and four treadles.
Ignell’s book includes:
- Almost 50 unique projects developed and tested by professional weavers.
- Step-by-step instructions, charts, illustrations, and color photos.
- Most projects use 4 or 8 shafts; some are plain weaves.
- Work with linen, half-linen, cottolin, wool, paper, and piassava.
- Versatile ideas for pillows, throws, rugs, curtains, table linens, and more.
As an added bonus, Ignell includes a special section on the care and handling of textiles, with guidelines and hints about featured fibers.
FAVORITE SCANDINAVIAN PROJECTS TO WEAVE is available now from the TSB online bookstore, where shipping in the US is FREE.
CLICK HERE for more information or to order.
Trafalgar Square Books, publisher of fine craft and equestrian books, is a small business based on a farm in rural Vermont.